It’s National Celiac Disease Awareness Day!
Let’s celebrate with checking some of these off the list:
- Our local friend Lexie from Cutting Cost for Celiacs is working hard towards her dream of winning $10,000 to continue her cause — read all about it and vote HERE.
- If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with celiac disease in the past 12 months, (confirmation via endoscopy) there is a big gift basket waiting for you!
- The annual celiac education day & free screening is coming up in October, perfect time for family members to get screened.
- Need celiac safe medications? I use this list. (of course always triple check!)
- Kudos to places like 225 South who have taken the time to undergo training to make celiac safe food for us!
- Don’t forget our local, dedicated gluten-free bakery! We love, love, love Molly’s.
- Looking for a GI in the metro Milwaukee area that understands celiac disease? Dr. David Carron’s name comes up each time this is asked of our group. Also on the list: Dr. Kwiatt, also of GI Associates and if you’re looking for an amazing naturopath, Dr. Sarah Axtell of Lakeside Natural Medicine comes highly recommended.
- An all time favorite graphic from Gluten Dude — kudos to him and other leaders in our community who know the way, go the way, and show the way! Keep spreading awareness, my friends!