Tuesday To Do List is my newest attempt at bringing you tidbits from the gluten-free world each week. This will continue until my mind-that-doesn’t-rest comes up with another way to entertain you guys. You can read my very first to-do list here. Cross your fingers I am back here next Tuesday with another list.
I want to try…
- The gluten-free fish fry at The Cheel in Thiensville.
- Tom & Chee in Brookfield, anyone been?
- This turmeric latte from Shutterbean — I tried a turmeric smoothie recently and have been looking for other ideas.
On my list to buy…
- My friend Johnna is always on the lookout for fun GF items when she’s out and about and posted about these thin, crispy, gluten-free cookies from Trader Joe’s (she’s says they are like Tate’s) that would be perfect for these two ingredient ice cream sandwiches!
- An Inspiralizer. Yes? No? Do you have one? Tell me everything.
- Another recipe from Elizabeth Barbone that I must make — just turned her blondie recipe into bourbon blondies for Mr. CITC last week and we’re still talking about them.
- Two cases of “are you freaking kidding me?!” reported to Gluten Free Watch Dog — I sometimes feel like a crazy person the way I check, double check, and triple check on foods, even those that come in a gluten-free package, to be sure they are safe. I guess I’m not the only one. I won’t lie, I feel more nervous as a celiac eight years in than I ever have before. Shouldn’t things be getting better?
I almost cried (tears of JOY!) this weekend when I had fried chicken for the first time since being gluten free. (I just celebrated my EIGHT year GlutenFreeiversary recently!) AND apple fritters! When you are gluten-free in Nashville, be sure to check out AMOT. Their entire menu, minus a couple of beers on their beer menu, (where they distinguish between gluten-free and gluten removed beers, impressive!) is gluten-free! And don’t worry vegetarian friends, that black eyed pea falafel sandwich pictured below is for you! My.kind.of.place.
We landed late Sunday night from our adventures celebrating Mr. CITC’s #bigbourbonbirthday… and now I’m leaving on a jet plane to meet my Mamasita in Tucson to visit my brother and soak up some rays! (if you have any Tucson, AZ recommendations, let me know in the comments!)
EnJOY your week.
As much as I wish I were getting paid big bucks to add these links to my page, I’m not. They are not affiliate links. I’m just sharing to share.