Tuesday To Do List is my newest attempt at bringing you tidbits from the gluten-free world each week. This will continue until my mind-that-doesn’t-rest comes up with another way to entertain you guys. Cross your fingers I am back here next Tuesday with another list…
- I spy some snickerdoodle bars I need to try! (and maybe even buy the new fall baking cookbook from Simply Gluten Free?!)
- Go check out Elizabeth Barbone’s updated site: glutenfreebaking.com She has been one of my go-to people since day one of my gluten free adventure and I still use her baking book every year at the holidays. Tip: there are some fun fair foods on her site that you should try before summer slips away!
- You’re buying Lakefront’s New(er) Grist with Ginger, yes? Add a slice of orange or lemon for a treat.
- I’m all about trying new super simple summer drinks to sip — try saying that five times fast after a few of these!
(Add Tito’s vodka to orange or lemon San Pellegrino)
- Trying my hand at some canning this year — there seem to be two kinds of canning people: those who do it with ease and never break a sweat, and those who are terrified and usually skip it all together. 😉 (I’m somewhere in the middle, but finding my way!)
(dilly beans from Ball’s Complete Book of Home Preserving)
- Gluten Free in Sioux Falls, SD: should you find yourself waaaaaaay over to the west… be sure to try Chevy’s in Sioux Falls. I somehow kidnapped celiac sista for a sisters’ night out and we celebrated with margaritas and mucho queso. They have a separate GF menu and will keep the chips and salsa coming!
- I’ve been buying Califia Farms coconut-almond milk blend lately — have you tried it? I don’t drink milk by the glass, but I do like putting it into my iced coffee. Have also had it over cereal. I had tried their almond milk in the past and wasn’t a big fan, but something about the blend of both gives it good flavor. Next on my list is to try their Horchata!
(I call this “liquid sunshine” — cold brewed coffee, slightly sweet chai from Oregon Chai, and milk of choice. Just trust me on this one.)
- My final hurrah of summer is a trip to the fair — have you been gluten free at the Minnesota State Fair? Do tell. I know the lovely Amy Leger from The Savvy Celiac joins forces with other area organizations to put together a list of treats to try. Let me know if you’ve been and what we should get our hands on first! (and I’ll put up this year’s list as soon as it goes live!)
- Want to try THE best enchiladas in the area with me next week? Join me and other GFFs at Cocina DeLeon in Brookfield for our August Gluten Free Get Together event. RSVP via the Facebook invite and bring your appetite! #glutenfreeinMKE
And stay tuned… I had such a good experience being gluten free in Rochester, MN and I’ll tell you all about it soon!