Tuesday To Do List is my newest attempt at bringing you tidbits from the gluten-free world each week. This will continue until my mind-that-doesn’t-rest comes up with another way to entertain you guys. Cross your fingers I am back here next Tuesday with another list…
- Once upon a time, I got to meet THE Pioneer Woman — I talked a mile a minute telling her what a big fan I was and that I had found out about her wonderfulness through Shauna from Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. Although I don’t follow along as closely as I used to, (I’m still sad that Google Reader is no longer!) I’m still a big fan, have a couple of her books, make her baked beans recipe by request, and will probably end up buying a piece from her new collection because it’s so dang pretty. (she is too and she’s hilariously down to earth)
- And speaking of Gluten Free Girl… they have a new cookbook coming out this week! Their recipes have never let me down and I’m guessing this one will not disappoint: American Classics Reinvented. It’s already in my cart to buy on Amazon.
Hello. Hi. Hola.
Remember me? 😉
We are eeeeeeeeasing into fall over here.
Mostly by eating as much Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake from In Johnna’s Kitchen that our tummies will hold.
Pumpkin seems to be the theme pretty much everywhere you look. (don’t bother buying your PSLs, make them at home!)
And it’s probably time to bust out the Pumpkin Spice Cookies with RumChata Cream Cheese Frosting, yes?
I tired my hand at making pumpkin scones and although I was happy with how they turned out, I’m still working on the recipe.
Here’s a sneak peek…
And after posting those photos on Instagram, my best gal Katie (spreading JOY as she always does) gifted me a fancy scone pan! Now accepting taste tester applications.
Need another excuse to add pumpkin to your routine? Add it in with Greek yogurt, granola and apples in the morning!
Maybe you’re more of a salted caramel in the fall kind of person — you’ll be happy to know you can find Sweet Ali’s Bakery salted caramel cupcakes at all Milwaukee area Metro Markets! (other flavors too, including red velvet)
Looking for GF events in Milwaukee? (remember to use hashtag #glutenfreeinMKE)
- THIS weekend our friends at Bacchus are hosting a Gluten-Free Cider pairing dinner. Read all about it HERE.
- Empty Bowls Milwaukee is happening NEXT weekend and they contacted me about having more GF options for our community — let me know if you go!
- I have started a private Milwaukee GF Get Together Group on Facebook — if you live in the area and would like to be part of this group, email me celiacinthecity[at]gmail[dot]com and I will add you. That way you won’t miss out when Facebook only allows a small percentage of you see my regular posts. It is a friendly community where you can ask questions, post about new products, share recipes, etc. And to keep seeing my CITC posts there, be sure to like posts, add comments, and interact to keep the status updates and photos coming.
Other things I’m snacking on now — these cute little “dunker” minis from Ginny Bakes. Loving the coconut oatmeal combo!
In other news — it’s HONEYCRISP season! I wait for this all year… even more so when you have the cutest best buddies to share. (check out my twin nephews’ first time with a “real,” meaning whole and not cut up, honeycrisp apple.)
Shine on, my friends.