Tuesday To Do List is my newest attempt at bringing you tidbits from the gluten-free world each week. This will continue until my mind-that-doesn’t-rest comes up with another way to entertain you guys. Cross your fingers I am back here next Tuesday with another list…
TWO weeks in a row. *applause*
This week’s to-do list should keep you busy until next week. 😉
- Pretty please try this mustard from Mustard Girl. I’m putting it on sandwiches, pretzels, and everything in between. Made in Wisconsin for bonus points!
- In the very near future you’re going to be able to buy gluten-free Cheerios. And things might get a little confusing — you see, they are using mainstream oats in these Cheerios, (not certified gluten-free oats that we’ve been told are the only ones safe to eat) using a mechanical sorting process. They have spent a great deal of money on this project and my fingers and toes are crossed that they come off the production line indeed testing safe for us to eat.There are many opinions on this matter, if you’re interested in learning more about gluten-free Cheerios, you can click on any of the links below. Take the time to do your research before deciding to buy. (the picture below is from Instagram — she found them in Ohio)
- Gluten Dude talks GF Cheerios.
- April from Gluten is My Bitch weighs in.
- Gluten Free WatchDog is watching closely and will be testing them once they hit shelves — stay tuned for these results, that will be my big deciding factor.
- UPDATE 7/23/15: latest information from Gluten Free WatchDog — PLEASE READ before purchasing and stay tuned for her test results!CLICK HERE: https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/…/gluten-free-cheerios-…/
- I spy, with my little eye… RASPBERRIES! They are the “berry of the week” here at the Nielsen household. I would have to stop eating them every morning right off the bush if I actually wanted to make something with them. (I don’t see this happening.)
- If you haven’t already tried Canyon Bakehouse’s gluten-free deli rye style, add it to your grocery list now. THE best rye-style bread I’ve had.
- Want to try some new gluten-free dessert recipes? Add http://www. allglutenfreedesserts.com to your bookmarks. More gluten-free recipes than you’ll know what to do with!
- Think Mr. CITC will read this and buy me a subscription to Bon Appetit? The August issue cover has me drooling and dreaming of all things tomatoes! (just click the link and join me in tomato dreamland)
- Traveling this summer? Be sure you’re following Anna from Gluten-Free Jet Set for all things gluten-free travel. I check her site first after booking flights. She’s in the middle of producing some awesome gluten-free travel guides that you’ll want to buy. (I used many of her recommendations in Paris and London…can’t wait to see her NYC guide!)
- Every try making your own dairy-free coffee creamer? I had leftover canned coconut milk, so I decided it was the perfect time to match them up with some dates in the freezer and go for it.
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE COFFEE CREAMER
Puree 4-5 dates (remove pits) with ¼ cup hot water to form a sweet paste. Add half a can of coconut milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Feeling fancy? A few dashes of cinnamon. Blend for several minutes. Done.
I wanted mine super smooth so I poured the creamer from the blender through a very fine strainer into my bottle to store in the fridge. EnJOY!
Somehow summer is slipping away fast… hope you are enJOYing it as much as we are!
As much as I wish I were getting paid big bucks to add these links to my page, I’m not. They are not affiliate links. I’m just sharing to share.