Some of the top searches that bring people to this site are:
- gluten free in Milwaukee
- gluten free restaurants in Milwaukee
- gluten free menu in Milwaukee
- where to eat gluten free in Milwaukee
- gluten free pizza in Milwaukee
You get the picture — and luckily, Milwaukee is full of gluten-free options.
There’s a whole list of places to dine out in and around Milwaukee HERE, or by clicking on the “Dining Out” tab on the homepage.
Every month, for the past (almost) THREE years, I have hosted a Gluten-Free Get Together dinner, and there have been very few times we have repeated restaurants.
- Transfer — THE best gluten-free pizza in Milwaukee. Hands down. Ask for Danielle. She is THE best server. Hands down. 🙂 They host us every year after our Team Gluten-Free 5k in May and for our holiday party with cookie exchange in December.
- Cocina DeLeon — You can get take and bake enchiladas, and if you join us, you can experience an after-hours private party, thanks to the lovely Linda. She turns the store into a “restaurant” for us each year for a fiesta you won’t forget. They are hosting our 3rd Anniversary Celebration (GFGT3) in February.
Although the husband and I would prefer sipping Old Fashioneds and dancing around our own kitchen, we do get out and about in Milwaukee for food fun too. And I want to share more of those experiences with you.
Plus, I really want my hashtag to take off — do me a favor? When you post pictures to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or anywhere else, add on #glutenfreeinMKE. Spread the good word and support those businesses that feed us well. (hopefully they’ll start using it too, when they post)
This might mean a full out restaurant review like when we went to Rumpus Room, or maybe it will be short and sweet.
Check out the sushi at Whole Foods in Milwaukee. Bring it home, whip up some sriracha mayo, and dig in!
Did you know you can get a cake like THIS from Molly’s Gluten Free bakery? Please tell me you’ve had the chicken salad at Cocina DeLeon!?!
Really, it’s the best gluten-free pizza in Milwaukee — get.to.Transfer.
Odd Duck is lovely. They have gluten-free options. And a patio to boot. (now if it had just stayed light long enough to get photos of the food) Need a java jolt? Head to Roast on Maryland, near UWM. Tell Brice I sent you!
Simply sharing the gluten-free goodness. More photos. (2013 list — check!) Posting the one photo I snapped at dinner before the lights went down. A new place to find frozen yogurt. My hangouts. Places we should meet up for pizza and a beer. (Transfer. Seriously.)
*Please remember — it goes without saying, but ANY time you are at a restaurant, ask questions, then ask them again the next time. Be your own advocate. Educate (kindly) servers and staff with a smile. Menus change, management turns over — these are places I have been lucky to eat safely at, but re-check things every.single.time.