Tuesday To Do List is my newest attempt at bringing you tidbits from the gluten-free world each week. This will continue until my mind-that-doesn’t-rest comes up with another way to entertain you guys. You can read my very first to-do list here. Cross your fingers I am back here next Tuesday with another list.
HAPPY CELIAC DISEASE AWARENESS MONTH!
Here’s what you should do to celebrate…
- Come join OUR CELEBRATION at our May Gluten Free Get Together dinner at Jose’s Blue Sombrero on Monday, May 23rd. RSVP via the Facebook invite. We’ll be trying tasty treats from Bread SRSLY, (sourdough anyone?!) American Gluten Free, and MORE!
- Celiac Disease Awareness Month AND Cinco de Mayo? Yahoo. Let’s have 4 Ingredient Margaritas, Jalawhoppers, (my fave item at Jose’s Blue Sombrero!) Easy Peasy Taco Dip, and Mexican Lasagna!
- Make these coffee cake muffins to celebrate being a super celiac and Mother’s Day all in the same month!
- Go check out all the GF goodies at Aldi — friends have been posting about it all week. (the CHEESECAKE platter is baaaaaack!)
- Stop over at Pacific Bistro in Delafield for GF options galore!
- Take a trip. A gluten free adventure somewhere new. We have several trips coming up: Denver, DC, Charlotte. Shout out any “must see” places with GF goodies or otherwise. And take a peek at this list of gluten-free bloggers who do some traveling. (honored to have made the list!)
- Cupcakes. Let’s celebrate with cupcakes! I’ve been trying out different options for healthier treats — not to say I’m not going to have treats sometimes, but I’m on day 33 of real food and my body just seems to do better eating this way so I’d like to find more ideas for coconut and almond flour and use up all those dates in the freezer!
- Make this (or anything from the book!) Kung Pao Chicken from Laura B. Russel’s book, The Gluten Free Asian Kitchen — the dumplings are divine! You can also read my review of the book HERE first, and there’s actually a link to that chicken recipe in the post.
I’d love to hear YOUR celiac story — if you’d like to share in the comments below, that would be swell.
As much as I wish I were getting paid big bucks to add these links to my page, I’m not. They are not affiliate links. I’m just sharing to share.