ARE YOU READY???
Tomorrow we kick off 30 Days of Real Food, gluten free style!
I have wrangled up some real food eating friends over on Facebook in a new, “Gluten Free & Good For Me” closed group and you should join us too!
Here’s a little “Real Food 101” so we’re ready to go…
- Know where we’re headed!
- Check out the rules for our real food challenge — just remember that Lisa and her family are not gluten-free, so just ignore the “whole wheat” and know that means whole grains for us, like brown rice, sorghum, etc. I have used several of their recipes as ideas and inspiration and any that are not written as gluten-free are easily converted.
- Plan ahead!
- Don’t let yourself get hangry. ALWAYS carry snacks.
- Write out your menu for the week and make a grocery trip.
- Look at your calendar for any upcoming social events and see if you can choose a restaurant with real food, meet for coffee instead, eat before you go, etc.
- Try new things!
- Let this month be an experiment in new-to-you foods.
- Check out all the real food ideas on Pinterest. (be sure to modify them to be GF)
- Dig out some of those recipes you’ve tucked away but been meaning to try, then share them with us!
- Breakfast ideas
- Anything Goes Egg Cups
- Morning Monkey Mocha Smoothie
- Overnight Oats (please use GF Harvest oats!)
- Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Bars
- Banana Nut Oatmeal Bites (breakfast cookies!)
- Pumpkin Spice Granola (or omit pumpkin spice and just do cinnamon and have this with plain Greek yogurt sweetened with honey or maple syrup)
- Lunch ideas
- Dinner ideas
- Snack ideas
See? You’re set for the first few days!
- Add yourself to our Gluten Free & Good For Me page.
- See the RULES here.
- Leave a comment below with any questions or real food recipes to share!
I know we can do this! (I did over 50 days of real food in the fall and survived, so this will be totally do-able, I promise!)