Tuesday To Do List is my newest attempt at bringing you tidbits from the gluten-free world each week. This will continue until my mind-that-doesn’t-rest comes up with another way to entertain you guys. Cross your fingers I am back here next Tuesday with another list…
- Have you tried the new breads from Schar yet? (adding it to my list too!)
- I spy a new gluten-free line at Coborn’s grocery stores — celiac sista is especially excited because there is one right down the road from her in MN. Their baking headquarters is in St. Cloud, MN. They even make donuts! (adding those to my request list next time I see the fam!) From celiac sista: “The chocolate chip bars with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips are *just* like the Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies!” The husband wasn’t as excited as me about this review… he of course *could* eat a Little Debbie anything right now if he wanted to so we can’t consider his thoughts. 😉
(photo from Coborn’s Instagram)
(photo from celiac sista’s kitchen table)
- Before you buy the new GF Cheerios… be sure to read the latest from Gluten Watch Dog. I will confess: I spied, bought, and tried both honey nut and regular Cheerios and survived, BUT now I’m a fraidy-cat and probably won’t buy them again until things change. I probably got lucky and it is one of the riskiest moves I’ve made as a celiac, but wanted to be honest with you. The way they are currently testing makes me nervous. My fingers and toes are still crossed that they make changes and improvements for the future. Stay tuned…
- Anyone tried Do-Rite donuts? GFFs (gluten-free friends) from Milwaukee are making the trek down to Chicago for these babies — and it is on my to-do list as well!
- And while we’re talking traveling for good gluten-free food — add Bunky’s in Madison to your list. Headed there soon and will have a hard time deciding between pizza and lasagna. Not to mention the LIST of options from their list of gluten-free pastry and cakes!
- Been wanting to try homemade tortillas for a while — as soon as the temps cool down a bit (I’ve been eating cold, garden fresh veggies like it’s my job!) I’m all over these tortillas from my girl Jules.
- When I was home in MN, we had a super sub night — I kid you not, one of THE best subs I’ve ever had, gluten free or not. Try one out on Molly’s Gluten Free Bakery hotdog buns like we did…
(also buy some of this Strongbow with honey, loving it!)
- Or maybe try making these sub rolls to recreate them at your house?
- SAVE the DATE: the Wisconsin GF Expo is coming up! Saturday, September 26th from 10-3 in West Bend.
Until next week, my friends….
3 thoughts on “Tuesday To Do List — what to buy, spy, and try! (or sometimes cry about)”
I appreciate your honesty on the Cheerios concern. I’m with you, waiting for independent testing results.
Obsessed with Do-Rite Donuts. Best gluten-free donuts I have had. Would meet you in Chicago for donuts and a cuppa!
Thanks, Johnna. (celiac sister really did think I was drunk to be sending pics of THE Cheerios from the walmart) 😉 But my luck, I’d get a box that was high ppm and have them on the first day back to school/work. Such a bummer to even have to have the concern, but I still have high hopes that things work out on the Cheerios situation, this could mean big (affordable) things for GF folks.
Ps: YES to donuts and coffee in the city! xoxo