Every year or so I brainstorm to come up with a new way to share quick tidbits of information for readers.
This summer’s attempt is my “Tuesday To Do List” with all kinds of goodness I find on the web, gluten-free or otherwise, and want to share with YOU.
Or things I SPY on the web and am curious about — have you heard about this gluten-free coffee flour situation? Tell me more!
And it might be something new we should TRY. Anyone else have a yard full of mulberry trees? Which one of these recipes should we make first? (they aren’t all GF, but easy to convert.)
And because life isn’t always a birthday party with unicorns… there may be things that make us CRY and we just need to vent about. Like this food judging business that’s going around and has been for years. Pam from I’m a Celiac wrote the perfect piece on why gluten-free junk food happens sometimes and in moderation and we’re all still alive and there’s no need to put down another GF friend for how they eat.
I’m going to try (maybe that should be on this week’s list?!) to make this a weekly occurrence if you promise to come back each week to look over the list and let me know your thoughts or maybe even share a link for others to spy, buy, try or even cry about. (this could most definitely include crying tears of joy over cute puppies)
So… here goes!
Tuesday To Do List — what to buy, spy, and try! (or sometimes cry about)
- Anyone else spy the new gluten-free products from Special K? My mom and nephew were in the middle of making gluten-free Special K bars and sent me a photo. And I texted back, “I’m sorry, but WHAT?!? I didn’t even know Special K had gluten-free items!” But now I do know. And you do too. 😉
- Tracy from Shutterbean often posts simple recipes that are either already gluten free or easy to convert — who wants to try grilled pineapple? (with honey lime yogurt on top!)
- I neeeeeeeed to try these banana coconut chocolate chip muffins from FrannyCakes! Leave it to a late night baking session (realizing you are out of sugar!) to come up with something new and tasty.
- Buy this book if you are new to the gluten-free adventure. Even if you’re not, it’s full of real life recipes that you can whip up on a weeknight — my celiac sista is a fan of the book as well, we both were wishing we had it over seven years ago when we were diagnosed. (although I will say that being diagnosed with celiac disease at the same time as your best friend sister is pretty swell)
- Want to try these two ingredient Banana-Nutella popsicles with me? I think they should have a more fun name like Bananella popsicles or Nutellana pops, yeah? It’s the second one on the list in this post — there are several on the list I want to try.
- I spy THE cutest berry picker. Ever. In the history of all berry hunts. (makes me a happy auntie to introduce my nephews to new foods — bring on the black raspberries and mulberries!)
If you end up buying, trying, or spying something new (or from the list) be sure to leave a comment to tell me. Always on the lookout for new ideas.
Stop back next Tuesday to see what makes the list!