HELLO my friends!
I owe you about 23 catch up blog posts — London, Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Scotland, and Dublin to name just a few. 😉
But for now, we’re unpacking boxes in our NEW HOME and taking a little time out to celebrate this weekend.
Need some ideas to get your celebration started?
A random list of gluten-free 4th of July-ness
- Somehow my girl Johnna has taken s’mores to a new level — let’s make these!
- Red, White, and Blueberry yogurt popsicles? YES!
- Cheers to freedom! Should we have easy-peasy margaritas? (again, YES!) And if you’re feeling fancy — make this frozen watermelon margarita and save one for me.
- Nothing red, white, and blue about these jalapeño poppers, but I have a feeling they are going on our grill this weekend.
- Kick back with your beverage and snacks for some relaxation and reading — how about April’s (from Gluten is My Bitch) new book? I may be a little excited about being listed as a resource IN.THE.BOOK!
- This strawberry beauty may be too pretty to eat. (MAY be… that wouldn’t actually stop me)
- I can guarantee there will be some Tito’s being poured — they just sent over some goodies to kick off summer.
This year’s version of “Summer in the City.”
Pineapple Strawberry La Croix and fresh mango with some smooth Tito’s vodka. EnJOY!
- Here’s hoping one of our friends brings pie — maybe cherry?
- My GF nephew, Chef Carter made this summery salad over at grandma’s house and luckily she snapped a pic. Any red berries will work, blueberries are perfect for the blue (or maybe mulberries?) and banana slices to finish it off. He was SO proud.
Over here, his auntie went with more of an indulgent treat, but it was a ladies’ crafternoon and I couldn’t help myself after seeing it on Pinterest. What should we call them? Firecrackers, Sparklers, Americabobs? Whatever you decide to call them, you have time to make them for the weekend — just whip up a batch of gluten free brownies and skewer them with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and marshmallows.
And our crafternoon turned out just fabulous!
Happy (gluten-free!) 4th of July!