Each year around this time, I get emails from my own friends and family as well as readers or random new friends who have found my site while searching for gluten-free gift ideas for loved ones — what DO you buy a GFF?
Santa… get ready!
Just diagnosed with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity?
- First things first, a new toaster.
How about one of these fancy toasters from Bella Housewares?
“Gluten-free bread requires the right conditions to toast. Many gluten-free breads are more dense than regular bread – and a regular “toast” setting means crispy on the outside and cool/frozen on the inside – then, by the time it’s toasted throughout – edges are burnt. In order to get an ideal toast for gluten-free bread, BELLA Housewares developed a “Gluten-Free” setting for its latest collection, Dots 2.0.”
I got rid of our toaster the day I was diagnosed and never looked back. Although we do have a toaster oven up north at our cottage (where we have space!) that is dedicated as gluten free, I haven’t replaced the gluten-crumb-filled one — so let me tell you what a glorious gift it was to receive the shiny, red one to try out and share with all of you! I am L O V I N G it! No more fighting with the aluminum foil roll in the morning when I’m half awake and haven’t had my coffee yet. You can take gluten-free goods (bread, waffles, bagels) from the freezer straight to the toaster and the gluten-free setting will warm it from the inside out, still giving you a toasted outer edge, but no longer having a frozen middle and burnt outsides from re-toasting three times.
Who knew I missed my toaster so much?! Find them online or at Target right now for $24.99 and get toasting!
- Have bread, will travel? You don’t have to miss out on morning toast or bagels when staying with family or at a hotel during the holidays — get your GFF some travel toaster bags!
- When I was first diagnosed, I went crazy reading articles, books, and websites — there are plenty out there to choose from!
- Need some Gluten-Free 101 help? Pam from I’m a Celiac has got you covered! Her Suceed at Living Gluten Free book is just $7.99 on Kindle right now.
- Want to laugh out loud and keep it real? Then you’ll want to get Erica’s book from Celiac and the Beast.
- Have a cute kiddo in your life life my nephew, Chef Carter? Order Woolfred Cannot Eat Dandelions now!
Does your GFF love to cook and bake?
- My very first baking book was Easy Gluten Free Baking by Elizabeth Barbone — still one of my all time favorites and I’ll be using it for Christmas baking again this year. (really, anything from Elizabeth is worth adding to your gift list!)
Can’t celebrate *with* your GFF in person, but want to send something safe and sweet?
- Molly’s Gluten Free Bakery in Pewaukee, WI will ship right to their door. (they are a nut-free facility and can also do dairy-free) Be sure to include in your shipment: mint brownies, Mexican wedding cookies, lemon bars, and gingerbread cut outs.
- Sweet Ali’s in Hinsdale, IL has become an addiction. They will love you forever.
- Tate’s Bake Shop has more gift basket ideas than you’ll know what to do with!
- My holiday go-to is from our local friends from Abigail’s Originals — THE best cut out cookies. Ever. Go. Order. (they are so affordable!)
Maybe your GFF wishes they could cook, but feels just as happy to hang in the kitchen and watch? (or sip cocktails?!)
- Start with the Arctic Chill muddler. For Old Fashioneds, Sangria, or maybe minty mojitos for New Years Eve? There’s a lifetime warranty AND it’s the top rated muddler on Amazon, you can’t go wrong. We are putting ours to good use on any cocktail you could even think of muddling fruit in!
- Make them a hot cocoa bar — an easy-peasy DIY gift that everyone can appreciate. (even more so if you throw in some RumChata!) You don’t need quite this crazy spread, but after hosting our GF Get Together holiday party and cookie exchange last year with a hot cocoa bar, I already had ALL the ingredients to package up some downsized versions for gifts, it was perfect!
It doesn’t have to be food related. Many of the things on my wish list are found in the same aisle and have nothing to do with the kitchen:
- I am in love with EO products — they are having a 30% off sale right now that you don’t want to miss! (it is so much easier to just see the “certified GF” icon for those of us who constantly read labels for a living…and their products are AH-mazing!)
- I’m an EOS junkie. I can’t help myself. The coconut milk is my new fave. You can find them pretty much anywhere: Target, Walgreens, the grocery store. Stocking stuffers!
Here’s hoping some of these gifts find their way to YOU this holiday season — and if you’re STILL looking for ideas — stop back TOMORROW for a giveaway you do not want to miss!