If you’re following along over on Facebook, you know that my laptop has been playing some funny games with me lately — basically, it works when it wants to.
I’m not so much a patient person, so you can imagine (we are really spoiled in our advanced technological world) how long I am able to sit here and watch my little “rainbow beach ball” on my Mac just swirl and twirl — letting me know it’s in the process of doing something — what this is, I do not know.
It lasts about a minute before I give up and close the computer.
My tech-buddy at UWM tells me I just need some more “gigs” of RAM. No big deal, right? (luckily they are a tech store and can tell me exactly what to order for it, and then will install it for me)
So, it’s in the works. Just another waiting game.
Since I can’t really mess with photos to edit them right now, and because the semester is underway and my schedule is changing, I thought I’d put “Friday Photos” to rest for a bit. (it was a year of all those pics, hope you enjoyed it!)
Instead, I’ll try to (once little Miss Mac is fixed) post more often — about whatever is going on in my life. Some recipes, places I’ve been, restaurants I’m trying, all the good stuff you’ve been coming here for — and while we are on that topic, THANK YOU all for being here. I appreciate your comments more than you know. This gluten-free community is such a sweet place to call home.
You bring me joy.
Other things that bring JOY to my world:
- getting to meet Elizabeth Barbone (finally!!) in real life last night — what.a.gem
- seeing all of your faces each month at the GF Get Together events… Mark got some great shots of y’all last night… and I’ll post them as soon as I can.
- having fresh Mock Rye bread from Molly’s GF bakery — filling it full of chicken salad and devouring it… before even taking a photo
- having my sister-out-law (Ms Krista Crocker, crazy cake extraordinaire) at last night’s GFGT… she was just amazed at our little community — she has been one of the most supportive people in my GF adventures — love her.
- Crispin Cider in a box — just waiting for the perfect opportunity to pop that sucker open and celebrate! (maybe this weekend on our anniversary getaway?)
- having my guy, “Mr. Celiac in the City” be my chef, photography assistant, (patiently, while dinner is getting cold) baked-goods tester, and perfect partner (who I love more than cupcakes) at my side for all of my adventures — we are celebrating our 1st anniversary this weekend with a surprise getaway that he’s been planning — more details after the weekend… and a “GF Wedding Story” post on planning a gluten-free wedding.
Have a wonderful weekend — full.of.JOY.
(this photo was already in my media library on here — otherwise it would have taken 34 minutes to upload!)
PS — What would YOU like to see in my upcoming posts? More recipes, baked goods, anything that involves chocolate, healthy-easy-peasy meals, more restaurant reviews? Leave a comment and let me know!