**UPDATE: Congrats to KRISTEN (aka globalite76) for winning the give away from Peeled Snacks! Contact me at email@example.com to collect your prize!
One of the perks of having a blog, is that from time to time, companies contact me, wanting to send samples of their products to try. I am typically a little hesitant.
But with good reason.
Over the last couple of years, I have been sent some not-so-tasty treats to try… and they have gone in the garbage. They don’t even make the blog. And there are mixed feelings around the blogging world about this. Some feel you should share the good and the bad, and don’t get me wrong, I do that too. But with limited time to spend blogging, I prefer to share with you the things that I love. The products I will go out and buy again. The ones I want you to try too.
I’ve been slacking off a little with my “Celiac in the City Suggests” category, so when the folks from Peeled Snacks contacted me, it was perfect timing. I had seen the products at Starbucks, but had not tasted them yet. And you know me, I’m always on the lookout for new snack options.
To be honest, I usually pass on dried fruit. It’s usually lacking in flavor, you know, tastes kind of blah.
But not these!
Farmer’s Market Trio: apple, cherry, raisin
It says right on the package, “gently dried” and “nothing added,” which is what I love about these. Just fruit, no added anything. And not shriveled up kind of dried, just gently. They are still soft and chewy.
And when you open the bag?
It smells like fresh pineapple.
*warning: these are highly addictive*
But don’t you worry, these come in one-serving size packets. Perfect for those who may have issues with portion control. (this girl)
And they’re not only at Starbucks — you can find them at Costco locations in the Midwest now, as well as other grocery and convenient stores. I’m going to be carrying them around in my work bag, and now you can too. The generous team over at Peeled Snacks is going to send an Organic Fruit Picks Variety Pack to one lucky reader!
To enter yourself in the random drawing:
- Head on over to the Peeled Snacks site: www.peeledsnacks.com
- Take a look around, check out their different flavors, then come back here and LEAVE A COMMENT below, telling me which flavor you just have to try. Are you a Pine-4-Pineapple like me? Or a Banan-a-Peel? Whatever makes you smile, leave that flavor below.
- Check out the Peeled Snacks Facebook page – show ’em the GF love and “like” them.
- Follow Peeled Snacks on Twitter. (leave your Twitter handle in the comment below)
- Join in our conversation over on my Celiac in the City Facebook page.
- Follow moi on Twitter: @celiacinthecity
- Subscribe to Celiac in the City via RSS feed – on the top right corner of the home page screen, click to subscribe via email, and never miss a post, they are delivered to your inbox!