Welcome to Friday Photos, a weekly feature here on Celiac in the City — you can read how it all started by clicking HERE.
I just downloaded this new photo app for my phone, it’s called PicsArt.
Still learning the ins and outs of it, but could be a great way to organize the week’s photos. (And help make some cool collages to share our upcoming trip to Puerto Rico!)
From the week:
- Iced coffee, made at home. Saving big bucks.
- Leftovers from Rumpus Room, perfectly paired with eggs in the morning.
- We are big fans of Whole Foods’ sushi, have you tried it?
- Slightly overripe banana called for a smoothie: Chobani peach yogurt, (certified gluten-free) pineapple I threw in the freezer the night before, and a splash of milk.
- Mojito Monday — the summer-like temperatures in the high 70′s this week brought out my summertime drink of choice.
- Snacks at a dear friend’s bridal shower – it was set up perfectly with a fruit bowl, veggies, and cheese, then the crackers, mini-sandwiches (all the glutenous stuff) to follow, so I snuck in first for the safe goods and sipped a mimosa instead of the cute cake pops for dessert.
- The results are in… I have Lymphocytic Colitis, which you can read more about here. They have started me on a medication and we will see how it goes. Thank you again to everyone for the calls, texts, and healing vibes after finding out about my procedures. Part of me is relieved to have some answers, the other part worries I’ll be on a med for life. My doctor said a person can go into “remission” and be off the medications, but then it could flare up again and meds could be needed to control it. I’ll keep you posted.
- Did you leave a comment on my last post featuring Elizabeth Barbone’s new book? All you have to do is tell me your favorite pizza topping and you’re in the drawing for a copy of the book.
- And speaking of her book… there are all kinds of blogger friends who did reviews of the book and Elizabeth rounded them up over on GlutenFreeBaking.Com. (some of them are giving you the recipes!)
- I had someone contact me about teaching a “going gluten-free” class… what do ya say Milwaukee friends? You down for a GF class? (it IS on my 2012 list, yay!)
- Did this sort of turn into a lists post? *sigh* That’s how I roll.
- My fundraising page is up for our Team Gluten-Free 5k coming up in May. I went a little crazy and said I would raise $1000 this year. Can you help a girl out? Every little bit helps. You can donate securely online here.
- Tomorrow we are headed out with a group of friends to celebrate the little bit of Irish in me. Here’s to a day of sunshine, green
beerCrispin, and head tilting laughs.
And to sweeten the deal, I picked up a pan of mint brownies from Molly’s Gluten-Free Bakery. (they’ll never know)
What are you doing to celebrate tomorrow?