It’s still pretty hot, isn’t it?
I have settled into the it’s-too-hot-to-bake idea, but my poor plants out on the balcony would like to request a side of rain with tonight’s dinner. (me too)
The forecast for the week looks like hot and more hot, so I thought we should put together a list of links for the 4th that require no oven time. (except for #1, which is a get-up-at-the-crack-of-dawn-to-beat-the-heat exception)
- At the top of my list (and requested by the husband) is this coconut cake with berries that I converted, from Shutterbean.
- But not everyone is a coconut fan (WHAT???) so these treats on a stick are Plan B for the picky pants — wouldn’t they be lovely as stars?
- These dipped pretzels would be so very patriotic — just use Glutino pretzels.
- While we’re dipping things in colored sugar, how about these marshmallow pops?
- Taco dip — no baking, easy-peasy.
- You could add strawberries and blueberries to this overnight oatmeal delight.Yes!
- Creative kitchen alert, check out this fruit flag – healthy and beautiful!
- Jazz up your morning toast with some blueberries, bananas, and strawberry jam. Clevah.
- I’ll take a glass or two of this 4th of July sangria, please.
- And beat the heat with these US flag pops. Yum!
See something you like? Get to the store (before chaos ensues) and grab your ingredients. Then sit back and enjoy your holiday!
We’ll be hitting up the parade in West Bend again this year — my brother-in-law marches in the parade each year with other police officers who serve their community, and then a cookout and some pool time perhaps — what are your plans for the 4th?
(that’s me, the hotdog)